Tuesday 17 February 2009

Writing I like

I was thinking about this today. I would love to start putting some of my work "out there", but it seems the kind of things I write don't often have happy endings, and are perhaps not quite right for womens weekly magazines. So, I am on the hunt for alternative publications that might be right for my work. I thought I'd put a few poems on here, to see how they are received. I mentioned the blog to a couple of people today, the idea of one went down well! I only know of 3 people who have one, so my experience of them is limited. Any tips?

2 comments:

  1. You can find all sort of different places to send your work to, take a look in the 'The writer's handbook' to start with. If you look on my blog, on my side bar, I've listed the places I've sent my work out to, I've added a link to each of the places so just click on the names and see.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill

    If you haven't already, have a little lookie at Sally's great site...

    http://sallyquilfordblog.co.uk/

    It's great for ideas on where to place your story.

    Love your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete