Thursday 19 February 2009

Finding time

It's a problem, finding time. I work a 37 + hour week, am usually in a daze from working on a pc all day, then it's home to try & go to the gym (note the word "try", it takes a lot of effort!), cook dinner, make tomorrows lunch and think about what to do with the rest of my evening. We live in a 2 bed apartment, pretty much open plan so there's not much room for peace and quiet. Since starting the blog I have discovered that having the tv on in the background (I live with a sky sports addict) is a real distraction! It sounds awful but I cherish time alone to try and do some writing. This makes me feel guilty! I need to get over this and organise my time better. Hubby would probably be happy to put the headphones on to listen to the tv, so I conclude from this I am just finding excuses. Annie has kindly pointed me the direction of where I could send my stuff, they look like just the kind of thing I like to write, so that is promising. I feel like a sloth wading in treacle at the moment, the winter weather isn't helping. Do sloths hibernate do you know?

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea about sloths and treacle but as for hibernating maybe...lol

    Try taking a notebook to work and scribbling down a few ideas to type up later, I find this helps me. I get so excited about new ideas, I can't think of anything else. At least, if you are writing something down in long hand its giving you a break for staring at a screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to juggle things when you are working full time. But remember how you fitted in your OU!! Perhaps you could set yourself deadlines for pieces.

    ReplyDelete